I think my pet ate something that could be poisonous, but he/she seems fine. What should I do?

Don’t panic, but call us right away. If it’s outside our normal business hours, call our emergency line at (276) 236-1315.  If your pet is not showing any adverse symptoms, you can also call the ASPCA poison control helpline at 888-426-4435. You may be charged a consultation fee.

If it is recommended that you induce vomiting to get material out of your pet’s stomach, we may recommend using Hydrogen Peroxide. This is some thing you should keep in your pet “first aid kit”.


We have a veterinarian on call for emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call the clinic and if your call is not answered directly you will receive a message instructing you how to reach the on-call doctor.

Best Pet Insurance